Pahlke Law has helped clients across South Dakota secure millions in personal injury recoveries.
Families are never more vulnerable than when dealing with the serious injury or death of a loved one. Lost wages and medical care are often financially devastating, and the occupational consequences and future medical complications of a serious injury can last a lifetime.
Often the victim is without legal representation. Negligent drivers and their insurance companies, businesses and government entities all have law firms to look after their best interests. Most often this means shielding them from liability at the victim’s expense.
Under South Dakota law, accident victims may file a personal injury claim against those responsible, seeking a wide range of damages, including lost wages, medical expenses and pain and suffering.
At Pahlke Law we are committed to building your case for trial from the moment we accept your case. By thoroughly investigating the facts and circumstances of your case, we are in the best position to identify responsible parties and hold them accountable for damages. With the assistance of medical professionals we will document your injuries, determine your prognosis, as well as the risk for future complications, to determine the true value of your injuries.
Pahlke Law has the knowledge and experience in the courtroom to help ensure an injury does not leave you or your family without the resources necessary to make a full recovery.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
Spinal Cord Injuries
Trips and Falls
Types of Personal Injury Cases
- Auto/ Car Accidents - If you or a loved one is injured or killed in a car accident caused by another driver, we can help you sue the other driver or insurance company for damages under a theory of negligence. You have a specific amount of time to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit after a car accident so it is important to seek legal counsel as soon as you can. Often, the defendant’s insurer will examine the details of the accident to figure out if there are ways in which you may have been at fault. The insurer is aware that if you were partly or fully to blame, your damages will be reduced by your degree of fault under the doctrine of comparative negligence. Retaining a personal injury lawyer can help you minimize or defeat any argument that you were at fault. If you've been injured in a auto accident contact us today.
- Motorcycle Accidents - There is no buffer between a motorcycle and a larger vehicle in a collision. Often, a motorcyclist suffers catastrophic or fatal injuries in the event of a crash. South Dakota does not require riders who are above the age of 18 to wear helmets. Juries are often biased against motorcyclists, so you need someone by your side who understands motorcycles and the culture around them. Living near Sturgis, Pahlke Law has been representing motorcyclists for more than 30 years. We understand how a motorcycle accident can affect you. Let us help you get the money you need for your future.
- Truck Accidents - Due to the weight and size of commercial trucks, a truck accident can have devastating consequences for people in smaller vehicles. Truck drivers can be responsible for these accidents due to speeding, weaving, texting while driving, drunk driving, failing to control jackknifing or driving too many hours. However, it is important to look at all of the contributing causes of an accident. It may be appropriate, for example, to hold a trucking company directly or indirectly responsible for the accident, such as when its negligent hiring or training causes an accident. In other cases, there may be defective components in the truck that caused the accident.
- Bicycle Accident - In South Dakota , bicycles are considered vehicles, and bicyclists must follow the same laws as motorists. Bicyclists also need to follow other rules specific to them, such as riding as close to the curb as possible when riding down city streets. Bicycle accidents still can happen, however, when a bicyclist takes all of the appropriate precautions. Unfortunately, drivers of larger vehicles sometimes fail to accord them the same respect as they do other cars. Pahlke Law can assist you with pursuing the compensation that you need to recover after a bicycle accident.
- Wrongful Death - Careless or reckless actions can have tragic consequences, sometimes ending in death. If your loved one died in an accident caused by negligence, you can bring a wrongful death claim under South Dakota law. This would be appropriate if your loved one could have brought a personal injury case if they had survived the accident. The personal representative of the deceased persons estate will bring the claim on behalf of the spouse or child of the deceased person. If there is no spouse or children the claim can be brought on behalf of the parents or next of kin. The plaintiff can seek damages that the deceased person’s estate sustained, as well as damages that family members directly sustained.
- Elder Abuse - Many nursing home residents are particularly vulnerable to negligence and abuse because they depend on staff members to satisfy their basic needs. There are federal and state laws in place to provide protection to residents of nursing homes. Residents are supposed to be accorded a certain degree of dignity and respect. Signs of nursing home abuse include withdrawal, personality changes, unexplained fractures and bruising and pressure sores. If your loved one or you were a victim of nursing home abuse, you may be able to sue for damages. Find out more about your legal options by contact us today.
If you don't see your particular type of case listed you can still give us a call to discuss how we can help you get your life back on track.
Get The Legal Help You Need
Call (605)341-4646 for an initial consultationGet Started Today
or contact us via email by clicking the button below.